The language spoken in Jamaica is Jamaican Creole, otherwise known as Patios which is broken English.
Phrases and words to know:
- To eat - Nyam
- I will be right back- Mi Soon Come
- Jamaica - Jamrock, Jamtown, Yard
- Jamaican - Yardie, Yard man
- Friend - Bredren (male) Sistren (female)
- Well Done - Big up, Respect
- Excellent - Sell off, Tun up, Wicked
- What's up? - Wah gwaan, Whappen, Whe yuh a seh?
- Everything is good - Mi deh yah, Everyting criss
- See you later - Likkle more, Walk good
- I understand - Zeen
- Over there - Ova deh
- What are you up to - Wha Yuh Deh Pon
- I Don't Care - Mi nuh Biznizz
- Jealous - Badmind
- Step up your game- Tun Up De Ting
- The party was good! - De Party Tun Up
- OMG - Jeezum Pees
- Don't mess with me - Nuh romp wid mi
- Move Over - Small up yuhself
- Mix Up - Pasa Pasa
Please fill out the survey below.